Hibernia Bank

Built in 1892, the Hibernia Bank on the corner of McAllister and Market Streets was one of the few structures in its area that survived the 1906 earthquake. The Beaux Arts edifice with its columned sides, carved granite walls, and copper dome gained San Francisco Landmark status. Despite this, the temple like structure nearly succumbed to urban blight. Fortunately, after the abandoned and decaying building was purchased in 2008 by Dolman Property Group an extensive restoration program was designed and completed in 2016. QuarryHouse was instrumental in the historic renovation of the building's rooftop balustrade, parapet fascia, and coping. In recognition of their work on the project, they received the 2018 Julia Morgan Award for Historic Restoration.

Project Collaborators: Elevation Architects, Landmark Construction, Dolmen Property Group, Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates